Māori Business Specialist – Wellington NZ
This new position is responsible for leading the design and implementation of WellingtonNZ’s engagement with Māori businesses in the Wellington region and to facilitate the development of partnerships with the Wellington City Council Tira Poutama work programme and the Regional Māori Economic Development Strategy being developed by Greater Wellington Regional Council.
Reporting to the Workforce and Business Growth Manager, you’ll be part of a newly established team, with a key focus to lead and influence better outcomes with and for Māori businesses, through the provision of advice and guidance to businesses on support and growth programmes available to accelerate their growth ambitions.
You will bring an understanding of the various local and central government agency support mechanisms that are available specifically to support Māori business growth and will assist Māori businesses in accessing such support.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Māori businesses and others to understand the business development needs of Māori business in the Wellington region.
- Developing a Māori stakeholder engagement strategy that includes engagement with Māori community leaders, Iwi, local government and policy makers.
- Identifying resource and capability needs and developing action plans to support the growth of the Māori businesses and the Māori economy in the region.
- Providing direction to programmes that will support Māori business start-up and growth.
- Providing advice, guidance and support to WellingtonNZ team members to enhance cultural awareness and understanding around tikanga Māori in a business environment.
Business Partnership & Investment Manager – Wellington NZ
We’re looking for someone to help make the Wellington region wildly famous working with our Head of Stakeholder & Partner Engagement to develop partnerships with strategic businesses, associations, local and central government, and iwi in the Wellington region. This position will be responsible for developing the day to day action framework to increase corporate and business sector engagement and investment opportunity in the Wellington region.
You’ll be in charge of undertaking and maintaining an audit of influential businesses in the Wellington region, as well as developing an engagement programme with these businesses to support their growth and contribution to our capital city.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of WellingtonNZ activities, including leveraging programme activity for long-term economic benefit.
- Promoting the business programmes that WellingtonNZ delivers to companies.
- Reviewing effective international city partnership models in relation to Wellington to understand what the benefits, features and investment value businesses would want from a city partnership.
- Leveraging the relationship between councils, WellingtonNZ and Wellington Chamber of Commerce.
- Developing a pipeline of business and investment opportunities.
Workforce and Business Growth Manager – Wellington NZ
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a newly established Workforce and Business Growth team. We’re looking for a talented people leader who has proven business development and commercial business expertise.
We’re looking for someone who can oversee the delivery of the Wellington International Student Growth Programme and the partnership needed to do so with key education institutions and Education NZ. Building and maintaining relationships with service providers, as well as optimising research and development funding opportunities, are critical to the success of this role.
You’ll be a confident people leader and comfortable participating in industry networking events and activities to find opportunities to develop new collaborative partnerships that will further the outcomes of the Workforce and Business Growth team.
Reporting direct to the General Manager, Regional Development, Destination and Attraction, your key responsibilities will include taking an integrated approach to:
- Leading relationships with key business and agency stakeholders in relation to business growth and workforce development
- Promoting the value and the benefits of improving management capability and investment in R&D/innovation to the business community, working with entities such as the Chambers of Commerce
- The delivery of the Regional Business Partner Programme
- Leading WellingtonNZ’s activation of building business support for Māori business across the Wellington Region
- Leading the activation of the Wellington Regional Talent and Skills Framework
- The delivery of the Wellington International Student Growth Programme
- Building and maintaining key partner relationships with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Callaghan Innovation, the Chambers of Commerce and other key industry partners.
Senior Research and Insights Specialist – ATEED
- Diverse market research and insights role
- Contribute to the international success of Auckland
- Award winning new office in central Auckland location
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) plays a critical role in driving Auckland’s economic wellbeing, ability to compete internationally and to enhance the region’s performance as the growth engine of New Zealand’s economy. Our programmes stimulate the capability and awareness nationally and internationally of Auckland as a desirable place to visit, live, work, invest and do business.
As our Senior Research & Insights Specialist, you will manage end to end market research solutions for a diverse range of work programmes. This includes consulting, project management, sourcing, analysing, interpreting and communicating data and insights across all functions of ATEED including Marketing, Tourism, Major Events, Economic Growth and Investment amongst others. You’ll also provide assistance in the development of organisational strategy and the identification and evaluation of KPIs and project benefits.
Corporate Sustainability Manager – ATEED
- Help us define how sustainability can be a driver of economic development in Auckland and integrated into the programmes we deliver
- Lead through influence and thought leadership
- Bring your deep expertise of sustainable or environmental management
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) is the economic growth agency for Auckland. We are a Council-Controlled Organisation (CCO). We support the progress of a vibrant and competitive economy, with a focus on creating more quality jobs for all Aucklanders. We love what we do, and we love making a difference!
The Corporate Sustainability Manager contributes to ATEED’s vision of ‘quality jobs for all Aucklanders’ by leading organisation-wide sustainability initiatives and contributing to Auckland being recognised as a world-leader for taking action on sustainability. As a key cross-cutting strategy for ATEED, sustainability sits at the heart of everything we do to deliver economic development for Auckland. You’ll build organisational thinking, capability, and credibility as part of the Council family’s endeavours to drive sustainable outcomes to benefit Tāmaki Makaurau.
Whanganui & Partners Board Members
- A deep understanding of good governance principles and directorship,
- A willingness to be bold while understanding risk mitigation
- Strong commercial acumen and a true passion for Whanganui
Expressions of interest are called for candidates with governance experience for two vacancies on the Whanganui & Partners Board.
Southland Regional Development Agency (SRDA) – Chief Executive
- Regional and economic development leadership opportunity
- Implementation of the Southland Regional Development Strategy
- Work, live and play in the beautiful and vibrant Southland region
The Southland Regional Development Agency (SRDA) is owned and supported by the four Southland Councils and has a range of engaged community stakeholders. They are now seeking a Chief Executive to lead this newly established organisation.
The Southland Regional Development Strategy (SoRDS) proposed an ambitious goal to increase the region’s population by 10,000 by 2025. This goal is only achievable with a broad regional development programme which ensures Southland is an attractive place to work, live and play. The SRDA’s role is to contribute heavily to the achievement of this goal and action plan initiatives.
About the Role
Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive will be responsible for leading the implementation of the SoRDs and its Action Plan initiatives through the direction, management and leadership of SRDA and team.
Providing strategic direction, the Chief Executive will be a catalyst in the development, communication and implementation of SRDA’s plans and goals. Ensuring the strategic priorities and objectives are effectively communicated and understood by all stakeholders is a critical aspect of the role.
The Chief Executive will have skills across the broad range of management competencies including financial management, communications, human resources, research, advocacy, contractual and stakeholder management.
You will have significant experience in leadership and proven experience working at a senior executive or chief executive level. As an entrepreneurial and innovative thinker, you will have a good understanding of economic and tourism development and promotion.
An ability to lead bold transformational change with diverse shareholders and often conflicting priorities is a key element of the role. Therefore, you will have highly developed and influential communication skills with the ability to engage, collaborate, build and maintain good relationships with a range of stakeholders, agencies and Tangata Whenua.
An understanding of the public and local government sector is also a requirement. Along with a relevant business qualification at degree/masters level you must be able to demonstrate strong personal integrity, a high level of energy drive and enthusiasm as well as a commitment to the Southland region.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ph 021 08334633 for a confidential discussion and more information about this exciting and unique executive opportunity.
For stories about Southland and the people who work, live and play in this unique part of the country check out https://www.mysouthlandstory.com/
Applications close: 16 June 2019
Executive Manager – Destination Marketing and Communication
You will be pivotal to the creation and delivery of our internal, external and corporate communications strategy – including developing a framework for effective storytelling that can drive connection and advocacy. You will be responsible to ensure excellence in communications and marketing through leadership and development of a high-performing team.
Rotorua Economic Development (RED) works with passion, executing their purpose – the improvement of Rotorua’s economy, its ability to create employment, wealth and wellbeing – through strategic decision-making, a collaborative environment and innovative thinking.
Advisor – Community Development
Working alongside two other Advisors you’ll see potential in our geographically dispersed district and thrive off the challenges of a growing population. You will enjoy a fast paced environment and above all, be passionate and driven to make a difference!
So, what could you find yourself doing day to day?
- Promotion and administration of Council’s community funding opportunities
- Facilitation of community forums and networks
- Encouragement and marketing of our diverse districts activities
- Building connections and identifying opportunities for collaboration
- Providing strategic advice and marketing for events
If you think we’d be good together and you’re ready to join a growing organisation with a commitment to making Selwyn a great place to live, work and play then apply to join us today!
Programme Leader – Regional Economic Development
We are looking for a regional economic development guru to join the Regional Development team to provide oversight and support to the Bay of Connections programme. We are looking for someone with strong economic development experience, proven relationship building and industry knowledge who works across disciplines and has a relevant tertiary degree.
The recruitment salary range for this position will be approximately $102,500 to $114,000, and will be determined based on the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Salary progression will be based on successful delivery of performance indicators.
The position will be located in Tauranga, but work across the Bay of Plenty.
Consultant in Tourism – TRC
Looking for a dynamic and flexible working environment?
TRC Tourism is growing…..and we are looking to hire consultants.
If you have expertise in one of our core pillars of tourism, recreation and conservation we would like to hear from you.
You will have excellent communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team or independently, be flexible and able to travel, have a sense of humour.
You are likely to have experience in the tourism sector, you may well have very good data analysis or economics skills, you will have knowledge of Tikanga Māori.
You might be looking for part or full time work, you could be based anywhere in New Zealand.
If any or all of this sounds attractive, please send us your CV with a cover letter telling us about yourself and how you think you might fit in with TRC Tourism.
Please email email@example.com by May 31st.
Regional Economist – Infometrics
Infometrics is seeking to engage a Regional Economist. The role is client focused and will get you out and about talking economics with our wide range of clients.
The primary purpose of the role is to support our regional clients. Infometrics has clients from the top of the north to the bottom of the south who subscribe to our web-based economic products. Our clients love our products and we provide a wraparound service to ensure they get maximum value.
The Regional Economist will help our clients interpret the data, provide them with a macro-economic context, and offer bespoke consulting services to dig deeper into economic issues facing local councils and economic development agencies.
Economic Development Manager
The role of Economic Development Manager at Central Otago District Council presents a genuine opportunity to work in an area where you will not only help us realise our unfakeable assets, but also see the tangible outcomes of the contribution you make.
You will be someone who can think on your feet, make order out of chaos, communicates naturally and genuinely, is comfortable with ambiguity and is comfortable forging a path without a GPS.
You will have a sound economic background or business experience, a high-level of political acumen, and be someone who earns people’s trust and confidence, delivering on the things you say you will do.
Rotorua Economic Development, Business Development Manager
- Opportunity to help various businesses and organisations in Rotorua thrive
- Provide financial and strategic advice to support growth across various sectors
- Make a difference in the economy and wellbeing of a region with strong potential
Rotorua Economic Development (RED) is seeking an individual to assist local businesses unlock new growth opportunities.
CEO of Northland Inc
Northland Inc Ltd is the designated Economic Development Agency and Regional Tourism Organisation for the Northland region. It is a subsidiary of Northland Regional Council (a 100% Council Controlled Organisation). The role of Northland Inc Ltd is to grow Northland’s economy, through economic development intervention programmes that add value and leverage sector partnerships.
The board of Northland Inc Ltd is seeking applications for a highly experienced senior leader to be the next Chief Executive of Northland Inc and drive the organisation to achieve a new phase of growth and economic prosperity for the region.
Principal Regional Advisor| Hamilton
- Newly created position in the recently established Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Facilitate and manage investment in Regional projects
- Lead large scale programmes
- Based in South Waikato (Hamilton, Taupo, Waitomo)
Senior Business Advisor| Wellington
- Do you have experience in developing and managing government planning and reporting documents, systems and processes?
- Are you interested in working with others to ensure that business processes are fit for purpose and continuously improving?
- Permanent full time opportunity, based in Wellington CBD
Senior Regional Advisor |Wellington
- Newly created position in the recently established Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Key supporting role to realise programme delivery
- Coordinate cross-agency Regional work programmes
GM Economic Development and Transition|Wellington
- Senior Leadership opportunity
- Shape the future of New Zealand’s Economic Development
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to a new and complex branch
Economic Development Advisor| Kapiti Coast Council
Our client is a government agency needing a Programme Advisor to develop economic, social and environmental priorities. This is a fixed-term role till July 2019.
They require someone who can hit the ground running and has experience working in a similar role in government. Experience in economic development, project management, marketing and stakeholder engagement will be beneficial.
Infrastructure Investment and Economics Advisor | Auckland
- Join a global company looking to grow Advisory services across our expanding New Zealand operations
- Work across multiple sectors and projects, positioning our clients to secure funding and optimise their investment decisions
Privately owned by our people, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services companies. Our global network of over 9000 people operates in the transportation, water, energy and resources, property and buildings and environment markets.
Prinicipal Advisor, Regional Development |Bay of Plenty Regional Council
- Providing technical leadership in urban growth, economic development and transport matters
- Senior advisor role based in Tauranga or Whakatāne
Economic Development Advisor: Queenstown Lakes District Council
We have an exciting new opportunity to contribute to strengthening and diversifying our districts economy.
Working with the Economic Development Manager and wider Strategy and Development team, you will help Council play a key role in achieving our Economic Development Strategy. This will involve supporting the administration, stakeholder management, project management and financial control of the team.