Business Growth Advisor – Whanganui $ Partners
Fixed term, full time, 40 hours per week
The Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) is a nation-wide business development and innovation service for businesses seeking to engage with an objective Business Growth Advisor and grow their business.
Delivered on behalf of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Callaghan Innovation and Business Mentors New Zealand, CEDA is the delivery agency for the Manawatu-Whanganui region, in partnership with Whanganui and Partners.
This is a unique role to provide support to a range of businesses in the regions of Whanganui, Ruapehu and parts of Rangitikei, with support from colleagues in Whanganui and Partners and CEDS’s Regional Business Partner Network team. This is a fixed term position to 30 June 2021. The role is based in Whanganui.
Māori Business Specialist – Wellington NZ
This new position is responsible for leading the design and implementation of WellingtonNZ’s engagement with Māori businesses in the Wellington region and to facilitate the development of partnerships with the Wellington City Council Tira Poutama work programme and the Regional Māori Economic Development Strategy being developed by Greater Wellington Regional Council.
Reporting to the Workforce and Business Growth Manager, you’ll be part of a newly established team, with a key focus to lead and influence better outcomes with and for Māori businesses, through the provision of advice and guidance to businesses on support and growth programmes available to accelerate their growth ambitions.
You will bring an understanding of the various local and central government agency support mechanisms that are available specifically to support Māori business growth and will assist Māori businesses in accessing such support.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Māori businesses and others to understand the business development needs of Māori business in the Wellington region.
- Developing a Māori stakeholder engagement strategy that includes engagement with Māori community leaders, Iwi, local government and policy makers.
- Identifying resource and capability needs and developing action plans to support the growth of the Māori businesses and the Māori economy in the region.
- Providing direction to programmes that will support Māori business start-up and growth.
- Providing advice, guidance and support to WellingtonNZ team members to enhance cultural awareness and understanding around tikanga Māori in a business environment.
Business Partnership & Investment Manager – Wellington NZ
We’re looking for someone to help make the Wellington region wildly famous working with our Head of Stakeholder & Partner Engagement to develop partnerships with strategic businesses, associations, local and central government, and iwi in the Wellington region. This position will be responsible for developing the day to day action framework to increase corporate and business sector engagement and investment opportunity in the Wellington region.
You’ll be in charge of undertaking and maintaining an audit of influential businesses in the Wellington region, as well as developing an engagement programme with these businesses to support their growth and contribution to our capital city.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of WellingtonNZ activities, including leveraging programme activity for long-term economic benefit.
- Promoting the business programmes that WellingtonNZ delivers to companies.
- Reviewing effective international city partnership models in relation to Wellington to understand what the benefits, features and investment value businesses would want from a city partnership.
- Leveraging the relationship between councils, WellingtonNZ and Wellington Chamber of Commerce.
- Developing a pipeline of business and investment opportunities.
Workforce and Business Growth Manager – Wellington NZ
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a newly established Workforce and Business Growth team. We’re looking for a talented people leader who has proven business development and commercial business expertise.
We’re looking for someone who can oversee the delivery of the Wellington International Student Growth Programme and the partnership needed to do so with key education institutions and Education NZ. Building and maintaining relationships with service providers, as well as optimising research and development funding opportunities, are critical to the success of this role.
You’ll be a confident people leader and comfortable participating in industry networking events and activities to find opportunities to develop new collaborative partnerships that will further the outcomes of the Workforce and Business Growth team.
Reporting direct to the General Manager, Regional Development, Destination and Attraction, your key responsibilities will include taking an integrated approach to:
- Leading relationships with key business and agency stakeholders in relation to business growth and workforce development
- Promoting the value and the benefits of improving management capability and investment in R&D/innovation to the business community, working with entities such as the Chambers of Commerce
- The delivery of the Regional Business Partner Programme
- Leading WellingtonNZ’s activation of building business support for Māori business across the Wellington Region
- Leading the activation of the Wellington Regional Talent and Skills Framework
- The delivery of the Wellington International Student Growth Programme
- Building and maintaining key partner relationships with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Callaghan Innovation, the Chambers of Commerce and other key industry partners.
Senior Research and Insights Specialist – ATEED
- Diverse market research and insights role
- Contribute to the international success of Auckland
- Award winning new office in central Auckland location
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) plays a critical role in driving Auckland’s economic wellbeing, ability to compete internationally and to enhance the region’s performance as the growth engine of New Zealand’s economy. Our programmes stimulate the capability and awareness nationally and internationally of Auckland as a desirable place to visit, live, work, invest and do business.
As our Senior Research & Insights Specialist, you will manage end to end market research solutions for a diverse range of work programmes. This includes consulting, project management, sourcing, analysing, interpreting and communicating data and insights across all functions of ATEED including Marketing, Tourism, Major Events, Economic Growth and Investment amongst others. You’ll also provide assistance in the development of organisational strategy and the identification and evaluation of KPIs and project benefits.
Corporate Sustainability Manager – ATEED
- Help us define how sustainability can be a driver of economic development in Auckland and integrated into the programmes we deliver
- Lead through influence and thought leadership
- Bring your deep expertise of sustainable or environmental management
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) is the economic growth agency for Auckland. We are a Council-Controlled Organisation (CCO). We support the progress of a vibrant and competitive economy, with a focus on creating more quality jobs for all Aucklanders. We love what we do, and we love making a difference!
The Corporate Sustainability Manager contributes to ATEED’s vision of ‘quality jobs for all Aucklanders’ by leading organisation-wide sustainability initiatives and contributing to Auckland being recognised as a world-leader for taking action on sustainability. As a key cross-cutting strategy for ATEED, sustainability sits at the heart of everything we do to deliver economic development for Auckland. You’ll build organisational thinking, capability, and credibility as part of the Council family’s endeavours to drive sustainable outcomes to benefit Tāmaki Makaurau.