Website ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Permanent position within our Sectors Team, working on screen policy
- Get involved in making a difference to New Zealand’s economic development
- Work at the interface between business growth and government policy
The Tourism, Sectors, Regions and Cities branch works on a range of areas that contribute to economic development throughout New Zealand. We are looking for a Senior Policy Advisor to join the team to work on our evolving economic development strategy and policy implementation.
MBIE’s purpose is to grow New Zealand for all. The Sectors team seeks to contribute to MBIE’s purpose by developing a deep understanding of the growth potential of different parts of the economy. We then work to identify the sectors that may warrant tailored intervention by government and develop and then implement policy that helps to realise this growth. The team is at the interface between government and business and draws on an ability to engage with both effectively.
We are looking for an experience Senior Policy Advisor to lead on our engagement with the screen sector. The role will also provide scope to contribute to other policy areas that contribute to New Zealand’s economic potential.
As a part of our team we can offer you the opportunity to:
- work in a busy branch which is energised about working on diverse cross-cutting projects that have a real impact on New Zealand businesses
- meet and engage meaningfully with people at a range of levels across government and in the private sector
- influence MBIE’s overarching strategic direction on sustainable economic development
- advance your career within a diverse government agency that offers extensive professional development opportunities.
We are looking for someone with experience who can demonstrate:
- a sound understanding of economic development policy
- experience in a policy role, ideally at the Senior Advisor level
- proven relationship management skills and the ability to work constructively with a range of stakeholders.
- excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to represent the Ministry effectively and speak to the role of government
- Ability to deliver high-quality work with minimal supervision, whilst providing intellectual leadership across the team work programme
How to apply
Download the position description from the advert on our careers page, or for more information please email Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz.
To apply, please submit your application online by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button. This will allow you to register your details and upload your CV and covering letter.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.co.nz/JobApply/LinkoutApply?id=35904140 →