Website Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Senior Investment Coordinators
- Opportunity to support the investment of high-quality economic, social and environmental outcomes for New Zealand
- Take on a challenging and varied role where you can use your fantastic relationship and business process skills
- Customer service focused role with the support of a hardworking and supportive team
- Develop and enhance knowledge of government procurement processes
About the role
An exciting opportunity has come about for motivated people to join the newly established Investment Management and Performance team, within the Labour, Science and Enterprise (LSE) group, as a Senior Investment Co-ordinator.
As a Senior Investment Coordinator you will lead and/or support the business processes across Labour, Science and Enterprise investment portfolios.
You will take the lead to coordinate various funding processes, reviews and partnership mechanisms by providing professional relationship management, financial management, contract management and efficient business processes.
Your role may include the following tasks:
- Work with fund leads to lead the implementation of process support for investment processes including contestable and negotiated mechanisms.
- Lead cross agency and inter-departmental relationships & contracts.
- Contribute to the development of application documents and guidelines, online portal application forms and assessment systems, contract administration and review processes.
- Coordinate and support assessment processes for funding applications and contract reviews.
- Management of contracting and payment processing with successful applicants.
- Lead the planning, coordination and implementation of contract reviews and variations to contracts.
- Guide and mentor other investment coordinators to improve their technical knowledge and expertise.
- Work within the Ministry’s Investment Management System (IMS) to configure investment process and provide customer support for external users of the system.
- Build and maintain relationships with public and private sector organisations.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in grants and investment administration, business analysis or similar application processing
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to manage positive relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Be comfortable with ambiguity that change brings as we remain agile to a changing funding environment
- A proactive, solutions focused work style and a strong customer service focus
- Some knowledge of the science system or tourism sector beneficial but not essential
We work collaboratively within the branch and with others in MBIE, other Government agencies, and stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
Contact Peter van de Merwe on Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz with any further questions you might have.
Applications close at 4pm Monday 12th March 2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.co.nz/JobApply/LinkoutApply?id=35561872 →