We’re looking for a highly experienced practising Portfolio, Programme or Project Manager to work on behalf of the Wairarapa region to ensure that the Wairarapa Economic Development Strategy & Action Plan (WEDSAP) is implemented to unlock the region’s potential for the benefit of its people. Details of the WEDSAP can be found at: https://www.growwairarapa.nz/
You will need to understand the wider objectives of the many players involved in delivering the WEDSAP and have credibility in portfolio, programme and project management to be able to influence others. You will have the sound ability to think long-term and take a broad regional perspective when making decisions and recommendations
We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Council Mayors, Chief Executives and senior managers, iwi/Māori and project teams; and engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders, private and public agencies (including Government Departments, the Wairarapa Chamber of Commerce and Destination Wairarapa) to ensure delivery of the outcomes sought from the WEDSAP.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting the implementation of the WEDSAP portfolio of work, including activity within the WEDSAP and pipeline projects and reporting against progress, performance and risk at all levels of the WEDSAP
- Providing and maintaining robust and collaborative stakeholder engagement including liaison with key government senior officials, and oversee a communications plan
- Supporting project managers to achieve milestones and complete projects including encouraging collaboration and cooperation between agencies/projects/work streams and across work streams where needed.
- Working with the Governance/Advisory (and Steering Group) and Wairarapa councils to refresh the WEDSAP programme regularly and support the Groups to qualify pipeline projects for addition to the WEDSAP.
- Identify and advise on strategic alignment between the WEDSAP and related strategies and policies.
You will bring to this role:
- Experience in a senior programme role of a large multi-faceted or complex business environment with multiple customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent understanding of processes (within local government, government, funders, potential partners)
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing iwi/Māori relationships and projects including knowledge and skills in an iwi/Māori context and the application of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Tikanga and te reo Māori.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (preferably with a mix of government, iwi/Māori and business experience).
- PRINCE 2, MSP and MoP or equivalent operational programme management experience.
You will be accountable to the WEDSAP Governance Group and support the WEDSAP Steering Group, and will report to the WREDA General Manager, Regional Destination, Development and Attraction. The role is primarily based in the Wairarapa and will involve travel within the Wairarapa and wider Wellington region, including Wellington CBD. This is a full-time, fixed-term position until the end of November 2020.
WREDA is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home, and want to make it the most prosperous, liveable and vibrant place in Australasia.
Want to join the team?
If this sounds like you and you’re passionate about the Wairarapa region and ready to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to the wider Wellington region, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply via Seek with your cover letter and CV by 5pm, Thursday 13 December.
For a copy of the job description or further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.co.nz.