Advisory Committee to the ATEED Board
- Recruitment for ATEED Destination Committee
- Representatives of the Auckland accommodation sector
- Two year term
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) is the region’s economic development agency and an Auckland Council-controlled organisation. Our programmes help make Auckland a desirable place tolive, work, visit, invest and do business.
The Destination Committee is a committee of the ATEED Board of Directors, and is appointed by the ATEED Board. It is comprised of three ATEED Board representatives and three accommodation sector representatives. The primary function of the Destination Committee is to assist the ATEED Board in discharging and fulfilling its responsibilities related to significant destination (tourism, major events, business events, international education) focused projects and programmes – including work 50% funded by the Accommodation Provider Targeted Rate (APTR). The committee will provide guidance and governance over the destination focused work programme within ATEED and make recommendations to the ATEED Board on matters requiring a decision.
ATEED are offering an opportunity for three representatives of the Auckland accommodation sector to join the ATEED Board representatives, as members of the Destination Committee. It is expected that you will either be a payer of the APTR or able to demonstrate representation of accommodation sector interests in Auckland, and will bring with you, strong experience in the fields of tourism, major events, business events or international education.
Competencies required include:
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Commercial acumen
- Public service ethos and awareness of a public media profile
- An understanding and commitment to council’s obligation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A high standard of personal integrity
- Clear communication and an ability to debate in a reasoned manner
- Effective teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to think strategically
- Risk assessment and contingency management
- Commitment to the principles of good corporate citizenship
- Understanding of the wider interests of the publicly accountable shareholder
- Experience in governance; preferably corporate governance
Projects and programmes of work are:
- International destination marketing
- Domestic destination marketing
- Trade marketing
- Destination management and development
- Business event attraction and leverage
- Major event attraction and development
- Major event sponsorship and leverage
- Major event delivery and operational support
- International student attraction and retention
- Visitor information provision
The Destination Committee will meet at least four times per year and on such other occasions as the Chair deems necessary. In addition, as required, members are expected to attend to agenda material prior to meetings, and outside of scheduled meetings.
You will be to be available to commence orientation in June, with a view to being fully placed to commence committee member duties from July 2018.
Accommodation sector representatives on the committee will be paid an annual fee based on the Auckland Council Fees Framework and Expenses Policy for Appointed Members. In addition, they will be reimbursed for incurred travel, accommodation and other costs associated with committee membership, with the approval of the committee chair.
Accommodation sector representatives will be appointed to the Destination Committee for a term of two years, for a maximum of two terms.
For further information about ATEED, please visit ourwww.ateed.co.nz
If you feel you meet the criteria, and would like to be involved in this unique opportunity, we’d like to hear from you! Please apply via the ‘apply now’ button below.
For more information please call Vasanti Bhana – Talent Acquisition Consultant (Specialist & Management) on 021 816 281
Applications close:Friday 27th April 2018
To apply for this job, please click here or go to our job site and enter the job code 107911SK.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.co.nz/JobApply/LinkoutApply?id=35920451 →