At its recent Board meeting, members resolved to host the inaugural Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment Awards as part of the 2017 Annual Conference to be held on the 31st August/1 September. Sponsored by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, the Awards will celebrate and promote best practice across New Zealand whilst providing for recognition of individuals and organisations. The winning nominations will be promoted in both national and regional media.
Nominations are open to individuals and organisations. Those nominations can nominate others or be a 'self' nomination. The Awards will celebrate best practice throughout New Zealand across the following economic development activities by either individuals or organisations:
- Integrated, strategic planning
- Promotion of Innovation
- Collaboration with Business, Iwi, Community
- Inward investment attraction
- Sustainable Development
There will also be a distinguished service Award which recognises the contribution of individuals to:
- the image and practice of economic development
- research that has advanced the theory or practice of economic development in NZ
- the advance of EDANZ national or international recognition of the economic development profession within NZ
The Awards will be presented at the gala dinner in the context of the 2017 Conference.