The 2019 conference will be focussed on inclusive growth within Aotearoa – making it happen.
Inclusive growth is economic growth that is distributed fairly across society and creates opportunities for
How do we confront the rising inequality within NZ and its adverse impact on economic growth? Especially so in a time when the fourth industrial revolution (based on emerging technologies) is threatening many of our traditional jobs and has the potential to significantly exacerbate the divide between
There is no bigger policy challenge preoccupying leaders around the world, and especially within NZ, than expanding social participation in the process and benefits of economic growth and integration. For more information on the inclusive
The Programme: Join us to hear from experts within and beyond NZ on how we can confront the growing problem of inequality within NZ. Topics will cover:
- Preparing for the future – Driven by accelerating connectivity, new talent models and cognitive tools, work is changing. As robotics, AI, the gig economy and crowdsourcing grows, jobs are being reinvented, creating the “augmented workforce.” We must reconsider how work and jobs are designed to prepare for future growth.
- The four critical things that we can do to promote inclusive growth?
- Beyond GDP – what counts for economic and social performance?
- Practical examples of how a focus on collaboration, innovation and capability lift enables future-fit and digital ready regional businesses and workforces – regardless of tech changes!
- Economic gardening – the smart investment
- What is participatory budgetting and why should you know about it?
- ‘Localism’ and what it means for EDAs
- Lessons learnt – the UK’s story of inclusive growth
- And of course, there is always the networking and exhibitions if you need a mental break.