Economic Development NZ is hosting its 2018 Conference in the beautiful Bay of Islands on the 18th and 19th October.
Themed around the concept of inclusive growth, with a particular focus on how we can achieve equity, rather than equality through our work, the conference will include:
- high calibre international and domestic speakers, such as Bruce Katz of the Brookings Institute
- the MBIE Gala Awards Dinner,
- an Economic Development NZ Annual General Meeting for members
- a welcome reception
- breakout sessions that showcase good practice throughout NZ
- an interactive workshop on topical issues
- the opportunity to connect with delegates and speakers through the conference calendar
Call for Abstracts
Economic Development NZ would like to hear from any practitioner, consultancy or academic who has a story to share around the notion of inclusive growth. Your story may be about how you identified the benefactors of our work, how you built equity, as opposed to equality, how you have built equity through jobs growth, investment etc, how you have worked within disadvantaged and often rural communities to generate growth that is equitable or how you have measured the impact of your work on raising the standard and quality of life for the ‘have nots” for example.
If you have expertise that you would like to share with other practitioners then please email a copy of your abstract to email@example.com prior to April 30th. Alternatively please ring Susan Houston on 027 4406180 for a confidential discussion regarding your proposed paper.
Please note: Abstracts should be no more than 350 words long based on use of Times New Roman 12 font. Please ensure that the following information is provided when submitting:
Name, organisation, mobile phone number and date on which you would be available to present.