Date of the course: 12 March 2108
Venue: Otaru Room, Dunedin City Council - please see map below
Aim of the course: This course will give you insight into how to create a business improvement district.
Who the course has been designed for: The course has been developed for economic development practitioners, planners and elected officials.
The course will be presented by Karen Remetis.
The cost of the one day course is:
EDNZ Members: $340 plus gst
Non EDNZ Members: $400 plus gst
For more information contact Susan Houston on 09 415 8962
Or to download a flyer of the event click here: Building a BID
The course will cover:
1/ What is a BID?
- The purpose of a BID – why do it?
- Ideal structure and examples of what don’t work
- Examples of NZ models and international models of BIDs
2/ Establishing a BID
- Reasons businesses want it and reasons businesses don’t want it and what to do about
- A pre-BID check
- Method of establishing a BID: identifying key stakeholders, identifying the
targeted rate and rate take area, communication with stakeholders, voting
method, formalising partnership with council policy or MOU?
- Examples of establishing BIDs in New Zealand.
- Strategies for Performance
- Avoiding potential fishhooks
3/ Getting a ‘yes’ vote isn’t the end of the work!
- Managing stakeholders – who are the stakeholders?
- What needs to be in place?
- How are we doing?
- Firefighting how to do it.
Questions and answers will be taken throughout the day